Get help knowing what you are getting into
Divorce can often be the only way out of a bad situation, but you should never rush into it. There are a number of questions you need to ask yourself to help define your goals. A few of the most important are:
- Are you emotionally and intellectually ready to move forward with a divorce?
- Could you or your kids be in danger from your spouse when you file for divorce?
- Is divorce right for your situation, or should you look for alternatives like separation?
- Have you adequately protected your sensitive information and your personal assets from your spouse?
- Are there any major drawbacks to divorce that could affect your situation?
- Are mothers treated differently during a divorce case?
- Should fathers worry about there being a bias in favor of mothers when questions of custody come up?
- Do you need an attorney, and how should you go about finding the most qualified candidate?
If you don’t know all the answers to these questions, don’t worry. An experienced divorce attorney can answer your legal questions and help you consider how they relate to your family.
No one should enter into a divorce without speaking with expert legal counsel. There is just too much at stake to try going it alone and representation is even more crucial when children are involved. An experienced divorce lawyer can act as your guide throughout the process and can protect your rights so that you get everything you need out of your divorce.
At Waggoner Hastings, our team of attorneys is extremely familiar with divorce cases of all kinds. We represent both mothers and fathers in divorce cases, and this experience gives us a thorough understanding of the ins and outs of the process. We can answer any of your questions and help you with your case from start to finish. Just call us at 770-641-8200 or send us an email to set up a consultation.