Why Hire A Family Law Attorney?
Family law covers a wide range of topics from family-related related issues to domestic matters. Since so much depends on the outcome of these cases, there is a lot of stress involved and emotions often run very high. It takes a dedicated attorney with a lot of direct experience in family law cases to take them to a successful resolution.
At Waggoner Hastings, our attorneys have years of experience with cases of this type and we can help you with:
- Prenuptial Agreements – Contracts between two people who are about to be married, spelling out the rights of each party in the event of a divorce.
- Post-nuptial Agreements – Contracts between two people who are already married and are not currently planning to divorce, spelling out the rights of each party in the event of a divorce.
- Separation Agreements – Very similar to Prenuptial or Postnuptial Agreements, but Separation Agreements are signed at the time the parties separate; they can cover issues like child support and child custody where a Prenuptial or Postnuptial Agreement cannot.
- Modification of Child Support, Child Custody, and Alimony – Usually a modification takes place after there has been such a substantial change in circumstance that modification of a previous order is in the best interests of the children.
- Paternity And Legitimation – Used to establish your legal rights and responsibilities regarding a child.
- Family Violence And Restraining Orders – Primarily used to give abuse victims a way to get out of a dangerous situation.
- Domestic Partnership Agreements – Used in place of Prenuptial Agreements because currently same-sex partners cannot legally marry or enter into state-approved civil unions in Georgia.
- Name Changes
Family law cases can be some of the most difficult cases to navigate, and they often have the most at stake. Having a stranger decide matters this important is never a good idea. You need an experienced attorney to help you win your case so that you can move forward with your life.
At Waggoner Hastings LLC we have the experience you need to litigate your family law case and get you the outcome you desire. Email or call us today at 770-641-8200 and let us help you.